You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you get additional iCloud storage for each device listed for your Apple ID?

I use an IPhone 12and an iPad Pro. As soon as I started using the IPad I received a message that my storage was full and I needed to buy more storage.

Do I need to to use a different Apple ID for each device?

THANKS

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 9:55 AM

You can use the same ID with multiple devices but you still only get 5GB free. You can only use one ID per device. You can upgrade storage for a paid subscription.

Upgrade your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

I have 4 devices on my 5 GB free, but this is probably an exception and probably only because they are old device s and I hardly keep anything on them. With newer devices with much more storage capability and people wanting to ake lost of photosgraphs, etc, it is hard to get by with 5 GB. Maybe only if you move files to a computer regularly.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2021 9:55 AM in response to molly girl

You can use the same ID with multiple devices but you still only get 5GB free. You can only use one ID per device. You can upgrade storage for a paid subscription.

Upgrade your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

I have 4 devices on my 5 GB free, but this is probably an exception and probably only because they are old device s and I hardly keep anything on them. With newer devices with much more storage capability and people wanting to ake lost of photosgraphs, etc, it is hard to get by with 5 GB. Maybe only if you move files to a computer regularly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.