You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I wipe my iPhone without getting on it.

So my screen is broken and I can’t put my pin in but I need to wipe the iPhone 7 as I’ve just had an XR. And I’m planning on selling the 7. I don’t have access to a computer either. So is it possible to wipe the phone in any other way?? Or am I just been unrealistic

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 2:37 AM

10 replies

Aug 12, 2021 5:50 AM in response to sebastiandavincy

sebastiandavincy wrote: "...you can try replacing the screen through a local repair shop for much cheaper price."

Sebastian ~ It's important to add what Apple says: "If you need to replace your iPhone display, it's important for certified technicians who use genuine Apple display parts to repair it. Only technicians who have completed Apple service training and who use Apple genuine parts and tools should replace iPhone displays." Source:

About genuine iPhone displays

õ¿õ¬

Aug 12, 2021 5:27 AM in response to leesha37

Hi! Since you are planning to sell a broken iPhone 7 Plus and you can't do it and get much out of it in that condition; you can try replacing the screen through a local repair shop for much cheaper price. Else you can still approach the nearest Apple service centre and get a replacement of screen done. Other than that any other options available seems to atleast require a computer. Sorry but hope this helped!

Can I wipe my iPhone without getting on it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.