You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad unable to connect to my current Samsung TV airplay. Any suggestion? Can i update my TV’s airplay firmware?

My ipad unable to connect to my current Samsung TV airplay. Any suggestion? Can i update my TV’s airplay firmware?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:50 AM

Verify that your TV supports AirPlay. (AirPlay and the Apple TV app are independent features, although largely overlapping.) List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

For TVs that support AirPlay, to be accessible for AirPlay 2, users will have to add the TV to the Home app, and assign it a room. Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app - Apple Support. Additionally, the TV will have AirPlay settings to be configured (on|off, access control).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2021 7:50 AM in response to maisarah272

Verify that your TV supports AirPlay. (AirPlay and the Apple TV app are independent features, although largely overlapping.) List of AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

For TVs that support AirPlay, to be accessible for AirPlay 2, users will have to add the TV to the Home app, and assign it a room. Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app - Apple Support. Additionally, the TV will have AirPlay settings to be configured (on|off, access control).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.