You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Potential Hacked IPhone?

I recently clicked on a link that led me to a weird website in which a pop up came up with the message “Yout IPhone has been hacked, immediate action needed.” And then it sent me to another webpage. I immediately deleted browsing data and turned off my phone. I just want to know Is my iPhone really hacked? I haven’t noticed any problems with it as far as data usage or the battery dying but I just want to know if it is still safe or I need to do a factory reset altogether.

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 9:46 PM

8 replies

Aug 13, 2021 10:18 PM in response to walker157

walker157 Said:

"Potential Hacked IPhone?: [...]I just want to know if it is still safe or I need to do a factory reset altogether."

-------

Is this Jailbroken?:

The only way to have a hacked phone is if it is jailbroken.

Modify your Credentials:

If you interacted with the link in any manor, then consider modifying your credentials.

Potential Hacked IPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.