You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find my photos in iPhoto, since the app is not support in this OS version, anyone can help?

I cannot find my photos in iPhoto, since the app is not support in this OS version, anyone can help?

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:45 AM

You need to transition to Photos which replaced iPhoto 6 years ago.

Launch Photos with the option key held down. From the dialog, choose your iPhoto Library. Photos will create a new library from your iPhoto media, you iPhoto library will not be changed, though it will be renamed.

4 replies

Aug 17, 2021 5:39 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Hi there.

I've just found an old hard drive with the following - iPhoto is 'there' but not accessible. In info it says it has 1.2GB - I would kill to get access to the photos in this! Any hints? If I follow your advice above, it just shows the icon as greyed out, as per below, so there isn't a library to access. I checked 'Show package contents' and can't see a library.

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.