You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 with Viber and WhatsApp (August 2021)

Has anyone had luck installing whatsapp and viber on an old iPhone 4? I would like to give my very old phone to a relative so she can be in touch with her grandkids via VoIP apps but cannot install any of the apps on the phone? I have tried the option of logging into a newer phone and downloading the apps there and then logging into the old one do download them but that does not seem to work. Software is up to date iOS7.1.2

Any help and pointers greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Vera_KM wrote:

Has anyone had luck installing whatsapp and viber on an old iPhone 4? I would like to give my very old phone to a relative so she can be in touch with her grandkids via VoIP apps but cannot install any of the apps on the phone? I have tried the option of logging into a newer phone and downloading the apps there and then logging into the old one do download them but that does not seem to work. Software is up to date iOS7.1.2

The phone is too old to use said apps, as it required a higher ios, that your phone can't get.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2021 9:44 AM in response to Vera_KM

Vera_KM wrote:

The phone is too old to use said apps, as it required a higher ios, that your phone can't get.

iPhone 4 with Viber and WhatsApp (August 2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.