You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i store in the icloud and have all the files also in one of my devices

I have three different devices, a Mac, an iPhone, and iPad. I want to have access to all my files via iCloud. However, I also want to have all the actual files in my Mac. How can I do that? Since the Mac I had the original files is now gone, all I've got are the files in iCloud.

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 3:42 PM

Try the Finder View menu > Show Sidebar.

Once the sidebar is showing in the Finder window, if iCloud Drive is not showing as an option in the iCloud section of the sidebar, go to Finder > Preferences and click Sidebar at the top of the Preferences window and put a check-mark in front of iCloud Drive.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2021 3:42 PM in response to Pepito89

Try the Finder View menu > Show Sidebar.

Once the sidebar is showing in the Finder window, if iCloud Drive is not showing as an option in the iCloud section of the sidebar, go to Finder > Preferences and click Sidebar at the top of the Preferences window and put a check-mark in front of iCloud Drive.

Aug 16, 2021 3:24 PM in response to Pepito89

By default, iCloud Drive keeps a local copy of all of your files.

If you turn on Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud (in the System Preferences sidebar) > Optimize Mac Storage (near the bottom of that System Preferences window) then some of your iCloud Drive files may not have a local copy if the Mac is low on space.

You access the local copy using Finder. You can do that by using the Finder sidebar or the Finder "Go" menu to go to the iCloud Drive folder.

how can i store in the icloud and have all the files also in one of my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.