You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic Page numbering

How do you stop automatic page numbering in a document?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, 11.5

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 2:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:14 AM

If you want to add new pages with different numbering then you can create a new section.

Note the controls for starting the numbering sequence again in the following section.

For more on sections go to Help > Pages Help and Search for section.

SG

4 replies

Aug 18, 2021 8:02 AM in response to SGIII

Thanks for your reply SGIII:

This, like the other responses I have tried, is a universal edit. All page numbers are deleted or changed. I have a 168 page document with a Table of Contents. I want to update and add pages within the document without renumbering the entire document and reprinting. So, for example, I want to go to page 8, update the page contents and add a following page. Number the additional page as '8A'. Then I would print just the new pages. The tTable of Contents would be unchanged and would not reflect the additional page 8A.

Cant find a way to do that, or anything similar?

Thanks again.

Automatic Page numbering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.