You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio from closed MacAir attached to external monitors without camera or audio

I have my 2019 MacAir attached to two external monitors that do not have audio. I generally use blue tooth pods from my phone or iPad for calls or Zoom, but this getting frustrating.

What can I do to get headphones and mic attached to my closed MacAir? Assume it's through the jack, but anything special to look for to buy.

Thanks in advance

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Hello tracey221,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. You mentioned that you don't have sound when using your MacBook with external monitors. You may want to check your sound settings. Take a look at the following links and let us know if this helps.

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working

Change the sound input settings on Mac

Change the sound output settings on Mac

Enjoy your day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2021 10:05 AM in response to tracey221

Hello tracey221,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. You mentioned that you don't have sound when using your MacBook with external monitors. You may want to check your sound settings. Take a look at the following links and let us know if this helps.

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working

Change the sound input settings on Mac

Change the sound output settings on Mac

Enjoy your day.

Audio from closed MacAir attached to external monitors without camera or audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.