You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix crashing when trying to update payment method.

So I have the red icon in the settings and it says

“update payment information”. As soon as I click it and then hit continue, it just attempts to open but the stops. And what I mean by that is it does the slight zoom in like with anything else you click but the zooms back out and goes to original screen. So I may be explaining my issue wrong but to reiterate, upon clicking update payment information it basically acts like it will proceed but just stops. I’ve tried restarting the phone and it’s getting annoying because it’s been a month like this and I want the dang red icon to go away and be able to download apps but cannot do so until I’m able to update payment information which my AppleCare plan will be cancelled if I cannot update the payment. So I need helping fixing the failure to load when clicking update payment method.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 1:25 AM

Open the Settings app. Tap your Apple ID. Tap Payment & Shipping. Edit your payment method.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2 b

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2021 1:25 AM in response to rocco298

Open the Settings app. Tap your Apple ID. Tap Payment & Shipping. Edit your payment method.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2 b

Aug 18, 2021 3:42 AM in response to Dah•veed

Ok so I did that but it still is a bit disconcerting that it crashes when opening settings and hitting update payment method at the main setting screen. What you suggested did work and cleared the red icon but it should not have crashed by going to the normal option that was implemented to make it easier(I assume). But this is a good day because what you said worked and my new card was saved and charged. So thank you for the quick reply. It’s a nice workaround.

How to fix crashing when trying to update payment method.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.