You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted documents

I logged out of my Apple ID on my Mac and was not asked if I wanted to keep iCloud documents on my Mac. When I logged back in, my documents reappeared on my computer as they always have. However, I had a large file of pictures on my desktop that I was planning on transferring onto my flasdrive and the iCloud was full so they were only on my computer. When I logged out, they went away too, but did not come back when I logged back on. I don't know why they would have been taken off when they were saved to my Mac and not the iCloud. I don't have them saved anywhere else and I can't figure out how to get them back.

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 9:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 9:41 AM

When Apple ID is signed out from Mac Method to sign out from iCloud account . - Apple Community

If photos were literally on desktop screen and again the same Apple ID and password with account credentials is signed in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support the photos were not saved on iCloud and its preferences was not set up as per these articles Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

The photos will not appear because there is no option of saving photos , however read the article If you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Also you didn't saved photos in external hard drive .

Note : after you sign out and again sign in the documents / folders , screen shots literally on the desktop will reappear as icloud drive and desktops and documents box was always turned on Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support and they were actually saved in iCloud.com

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2021 9:41 AM in response to lexisnid

When Apple ID is signed out from Mac Method to sign out from iCloud account . - Apple Community

If photos were literally on desktop screen and again the same Apple ID and password with account credentials is signed in Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support the photos were not saved on iCloud and its preferences was not set up as per these articles Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

The photos will not appear because there is no option of saving photos , however read the article If you sign out of your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Also you didn't saved photos in external hard drive .

Note : after you sign out and again sign in the documents / folders , screen shots literally on the desktop will reappear as icloud drive and desktops and documents box was always turned on Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support and they were actually saved in iCloud.com

Deleted documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.