You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about hot spot

I don’t have internet. I was thinking about getting a Mac. I know that computers are supposed to be able to go on the hot spot to use data in place of a WiFi connection, but can you do it to do the initial set up for a brand new computer?

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 9:47 AM

Hello Celtic Fairy,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are wondering if you can setup your Mac initially through a hotspot.

We’d be happy to help you!

Yes, you can setup a Mac through a hotspot but it may be slower than through Wi-Fi or ethernet.

You can refer to Use an iPhone or iPad to connect your Mac to the internet for more information.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Celtic Fairy

Hello Celtic Fairy,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities!

We see that you are wondering if you can setup your Mac initially through a hotspot.

We’d be happy to help you!

Yes, you can setup a Mac through a hotspot but it may be slower than through Wi-Fi or ethernet.

You can refer to Use an iPhone or iPad to connect your Mac to the internet for more information.

Take care.

Question about hot spot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.