You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange beep sound when holding down on a notification to expand it

There is a strange beep sound my Iphone XS makes when i hold down on a notification to expand it or even hold down on text to copy and paste. I believe this has begun since i updated to iOS 14.7

I have checked the sound & haptics menu and Keyboard clicks/lock sound/system haptics are all turned off.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 7:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 1:28 PM

Hello AdIz256,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with strange sounds when holding down a Notification.

First, ensure you are updated to iOS 14.7.1: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Is it possible this sound is coming from a third-party keyboard installed on your iPhone? Try removing any additional keyboards, restart your iPhone, then test: Add or change keyboards on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2021 1:28 PM in response to AdIz256

Hello AdIz256,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with strange sounds when holding down a Notification.

First, ensure you are updated to iOS 14.7.1: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Is it possible this sound is coming from a third-party keyboard installed on your iPhone? Try removing any additional keyboards, restart your iPhone, then test: Add or change keyboards on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks.

Strange beep sound when holding down on a notification to expand it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.