You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac desk top turned off by itself and it will not turn back on again. Anyway to trouble shoot?

I have a 27" iMac desktop. I just updated Big Sur a yesterday. It was on all day and was on when I got home. Then when I went to do some work I noticed the computer display is black. I tried to reboot but the computer will not boot up. I held the on/off button for ten seconds to make sure it is off. Then I hit the on/off button again. I can hear a faint click coming from the back of the computer but nothing on the display no matter how long I wait. Is there anyway I can do some trouble shooting as a user?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2021 9:58 PM

It's a hardware failure and no you simply do not own the tools to diagnose it. I am a +1, please take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

2 replies

My iMac desk top turned off by itself and it will not turn back on again. Anyway to trouble shoot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.