You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic on MacBook Pro 13" 2019

I have my MacBook Pro 13” 2019 (4 Thunderbolt port) model for nearly 2 years.

MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2

During the past few months, I’ve had my MBP randomly restarts with all fans spinning to the max.

it mostly happens when it’s not doing any heavy work. When I’m working or rendering videos, it’s fine.

When in low performance tasks like Safari browsing or just pausing VLC player, it happens. it happens quite frequently.

I’ve removed a lot of unnecessary apps, cleaned my cache, reset SMC and NVRAM.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 4:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 4:19 AM

Post the EtreCheck data, and post one of the panics, and maybe something stands out. Post those as attachments.

Remove all external devices, and see if the problem persists. Flaky USB hardware can cause crashes.

Run the Apple Diagnostics, and see if anything shows. Diags will show many hard faults, transient faults not so much.

If nothing shows from the above, next step is then probably Apple Support.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2021 4:19 AM in response to Eric Grylls

Post the EtreCheck data, and post one of the panics, and maybe something stands out. Post those as attachments.

Remove all external devices, and see if the problem persists. Flaky USB hardware can cause crashes.

Run the Apple Diagnostics, and see if anything shows. Diags will show many hard faults, transient faults not so much.

If nothing shows from the above, next step is then probably Apple Support.

Kernel Panic on MacBook Pro 13" 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.