You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Sharing

Just bought a new 27" iMac and it's great! One issue though. My wife's iphone will not share photos (or anything else!) any of our devised since I installed it. She's using a iphone 11 pro. My iphone 11 pro max works perfectly. I am the organizer in sharing, thus my ID directs service? She has her own ID and somehow i wonder if that isn't the problem. All the instructions say it should work the way it's setup though. We have another 21" iMac, and an ipad pro also.

We purchased this 27"er for a photo editing platform and it's proving to be quite a challenge. Please help.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 7:50 PM

Ah.... family share. I'm not that familiar with the toggles/settings within family share. But, the setup looks right. My understanding is that a shared family album now appears on all user devices into which you can add photos. I just presumed earlier you were using just general shared albums; same concept but my earlier answer isn't exactly correct. You can still choose to share entire albums in photos with anyone, but now the shared family album will also work between family.

This might help: https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

P.S. Sometimes sharing needs a little bit of a kickstart. I've found that if my family shares an album with me, I sometimes have to add a photo into that album before everything syncs. Not sure why....

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2021 7:50 PM in response to Speedo5558

Ah.... family share. I'm not that familiar with the toggles/settings within family share. But, the setup looks right. My understanding is that a shared family album now appears on all user devices into which you can add photos. I just presumed earlier you were using just general shared albums; same concept but my earlier answer isn't exactly correct. You can still choose to share entire albums in photos with anyone, but now the shared family album will also work between family.

This might help: https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

P.S. Sometimes sharing needs a little bit of a kickstart. I've found that if my family shares an album with me, I sometimes have to add a photo into that album before everything syncs. Not sure why....

Photo Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.