You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.5.2 and Photoshop

Photoshop will not work with 11.5.2 on a late 2013 Mac Pro. Anyone else with problems saving files created with photoshop?

Posted on Aug 21, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 12:03 PM

Various issues with adobe products. My graphics card is AMD FirePro D300 2 GB and Processor 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

Cannot run photoshop 21. Had to go back to the 20 versions and cannot quit adobe applications without force quitting and then restarting to reopen them.

15 replies

Aug 23, 2021 1:16 PM in response to ChuckP60462

Not being indifferent to expense (hardware or time), you might consider installing Mojave into a separate partition in Big Sur (or separate drive) where you could run Photoshop v20 (hopefully without issues) on an alternate boot. That spares you tearing down Big Sur and retreating the whole MacPro back to Mojave (which would be hades without a Time Machine backup of Mojave).

Sep 5, 2021 7:18 AM in response to VikingOSX

Yesterday after seven ( I am persistent) tries installing PE2020 from a disk, I shut down and went to Adobe’s site. Luckily I had registered and from my hours of trying to work with them ( not at all helpful) I installed from their site. Many features do not work. I can do basic image work. Hope this will get me by as Adobe and Apple figure out how to play nice! Who am I kidding?

Sep 5, 2021 7:31 AM in response to lyn3939

Apple provides Adobe the same software development tools as they do everyone else providing applications for macOS. It is entirely Adobe's responsibility as the copyright holder and owner of the Photoshop family of tools, that they, not Apple, make Photoshop compatible with the current operating system. That said, Apple's product update/upgrade cycle is different than Adobe's so there may be periods of time where Adobe is playing catchup or fixing bugs. This latter issue is not restricted to Adobe…

11.5.2 and Photoshop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.