You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login past login screen after trying to update software

When I login it loads little and it stops and say your computer restarted because of a problem ??? Before that I updated the latest software to macOS Big Sur from macOS High Sierra

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 11:14 PM

Akaimr Said:

"Can't login past login screen after trying to update software: When I login it loads little and it stops and say your computer restarted because of a problem ??? Before that I updated the latest software to macOS Big Sur from macOS High Sierra [...]the latest software didn't fully update it just kept on loading so I just stopped it and restarted the computer and try to login. Help"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2021 11:14 PM in response to Akaimr

Akaimr Said:

"Can't login past login screen after trying to update software: When I login it loads little and it stops and say your computer restarted because of a problem ??? Before that I updated the latest software to macOS Big Sur from macOS High Sierra [...]the latest software didn't fully update it just kept on loading so I just stopped it and restarted the computer and try to login. Help"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

Aug 22, 2021 11:30 PM in response to Akaimr

Akaimr Said:

"Can't login past login screen after trying to update software: Thanks for the message but I already tried many times it come with WiFi to connect but it doesn't connect to wifi ?"

-------

Use Ethernet:

On the computer, you connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Can't login past login screen after trying to update software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.