You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hotspot keeps turning off

I have a 15gb plan and I’ve only used 4.3), when I go to my settings to look it says on but the blue stops showing at the top left and all my devices on it disconnect, i have to restart my phone once or twice to get it to actually come back on, and even then sometimes it will last 2 hours but most the time about 3 minutes before turning off again

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 10:24 AM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2021 9:14 AM in response to NMwolf7857

Hello NMwolf7857,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about your Personal Hotspot disconnecting, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

We see you’re coming from the article: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular). That’s a great article for this issue! If you tried all the steps in that article and the issue continues, do you have this same issue in areas with a strong cellular data connection?

Also, because you're connecting multiple devices to your Personal Hotspot, have you reached out to your wireless carrier to verify they support the number of devices you're connecting to your the Personal Hotspot?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

My hotspot keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.