You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo backup question

How can I free up space on my phone (delete photos and videos) but keep them on iCloud and still automatically upload or backup every new photos and videos I will take with my phone? Turning iCloud OFF is not a solution for me... as I want all new photos to still be backed up.... I just don't need all my photos on my phone... but I need them saved on the cloud!

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 1:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 2:21 PM

jostiebenv wrote:

How can I free up space on my phone (delete photos and videos) but keep them on iCloud and still automatically upload or backup every new photos and videos I will take with my phone? Turning iCloud OFF is not a solution for me... as I want all new photos to still be backed up.... I just don't need all my photos on my phone... but I need them saved on the cloud!

You don't not how it works:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Try researching google photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2021 2:21 PM in response to jostiebenv

jostiebenv wrote:

You don't not how it works:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Try researching google photos.

Photo backup question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.