You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook - No Wi-Fi Interface / Option

Hello!

I recognized that on my macbook AIR device didn't connect with my WiFi anymore. I didn't anything before it happens.

I searched for ways on how to fix it, and everyone say "add interface WiFi" This is the actually problem. I didn't any option to add as a interface that name as WiFi. Also it appers in Safe Mode too.

I couldn't connect also there.

Now my Macbook doesn’t have the Wi-Fi option when i try to add it.

It only has the, Bluetooth.

As a interface; Thunderbolt Bridge, Thunderbolt 1, BluetoothPAN, VPN, PPPoE, 6to4 but the Wi-Fi isn’t there. Screenshots in attachment below.

Hoping to get a response ASAP.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 3:37 PM

Hello brbo!

Thanks for caring.

I did it before posted there. And Screenshot 1 (https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/15c010c1-824c-4569-8036-1867794289e9) in my first post, describes exactly happened when I clicked the + button (System preferences > Network > Left column) There is no WiFi item in interface menu :(

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2021 3:37 PM in response to brbo

Hello brbo!

Thanks for caring.

I did it before posted there. And Screenshot 1 (https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/15c010c1-824c-4569-8036-1867794289e9) in my first post, describes exactly happened when I clicked the + button (System preferences > Network > Left column) There is no WiFi item in interface menu :(

Aug 25, 2021 9:33 PM in response to Achllus

Wondering which operating system you have on your MacBook Air,

and which version (year / screen size) the MacBook Air is.

Some things you might want to try:

• Turn wifi off, wait a few seconds, turn back on, and it should search for a connection.
  • Turn the modem/router off, wait a moment, turn back on / check for wifi on MacBook Air.
  • Shut down, and/ or Restart MacBook Air, and check the Network settings / wifi panel again.
  • If Bluetooth is on, turn off Bluetooth on MacBook Air, and check Network settings again.
  • Ensure MacBook Air is not too far away from modem/router, and nothing is blocking the signal.

Something here may help :)

Also: discussion thread about similar problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253032259

Aug 26, 2021 9:50 AM in response to brbo

macOS BigSur - MacBook Air 13", 2017

• Turn wifi off, wait a few seconds, turn back on, and it should search for a connection.

I tried but the things that never changed...

• Turn the modem/router off, wait a moment, turn back on / check for wifi on MacBook Air.

I tried also this too.

• Shut down, and/ or Restart MacBook Air, and check the Network settings / wifi panel again.

And this one too.

• If Bluetooth is on, turn off Bluetooth on MacBook Air, and check Network settings again.

OMG!!! IT'S HAPPENED. IT'S WORKING NOW. OMG. <3<3<3 :D

Macbook - No Wi-Fi Interface / Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.