You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery status says battery is 100% charged but system report says NO for battery fully charged?

So i just replaced battery for my MacBook pro Mid 2012. I am right now doing calibration process which needs me to charge the battery full and leave it at full for at least 2 hours. The new battery had a charge of 74% so i shut down the laptop and left it charging to full. After about 2-3 hours of charging the battery finally shows 100%. When I click on battery it says battery is charged. The indicator on charging cable is also green indicating full charge. But when i go to system report it says NO for FULLY CHARGED.

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 5701

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5701

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 2

Condition: Normal

Is this normal? As this is a new battery and I did self installation I am a bit worried if this indicates some kind of fault in battery or installation? Please guide me.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 7:21 AM

TechApple wrote:

So i just replaced battery for my MacBook pro Mid 2012. I am right now doing calibration process which needs me to charge the battery full and leave it at full for at least 2 hours. The new battery had a charge of 74% so i shut down the laptop and left it charging to full. After about 2-3 hours of charging the battery finally shows 100%. When I click on battery it says battery is charged. The indicator on charging cable is also green indicating full charge. But when i go to system report it says NO for FULLY CHARGED.

Charge Information:
Health Information:

Is this normal? As this is a new battery and I did self installation I am a bit worried if this indicates some kind of fault in battery or installation? Please guide me.

You can Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2021 7:21 AM in response to TechApple

TechApple wrote:

Charge Information:
Health Information:

You can Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Aug 24, 2021 7:50 AM in response to TechApple

TechApple wrote:

Do i do SMC reset now? or should i wait till the calibration process of leaving it charged for 2 hrs then discharging it till it sleeps and then fully recharging it again is over.

If I do SMC reset now will it affect the calibration process or battery life?

After about 2-3 hours of charging the battery finally shows 100%. When I click on battery it says battery is charged. The indicator on charging cable is also green indicating full charge. But when i go to system report it says NO for FULLY CHARGED.

If you have an issue, I would recommend you reset the SMC.

Battery status says battery is 100% charged but system report says NO for battery fully charged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.