You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All payments/billing goes through organiser?!

I've recently setup family sharing, as well as Purchase Sharing. I understood purchase sharing was anyone who's purchased an app, would give the other family members the ability to download for free.

I have a total of 5 family members, 2 adults and 3 children. Both myself and my wife are setup as Adults/Guardians and im the orgniser, and we all have purchase sharing enabled.

My wife has just setup a small subscription on her own device, however ive just received an email to say its going to be taken from my preferred payment method (the email states my last 4 digits of my card, in the email to me).

Is this normal behaviour, for her purchases and subscriptions to be paid via the organiser? I would have expected the other "adult" to pay via their own normal payment method.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 12:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 1:49 PM

This is the way. See How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

All payments/billing goes through organiser?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.