You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see each playlist from my iPod touch on my computer. I would like to organize it, take songs or add songs to an specific playlist but Cant seem to see it once I plug my iPod in the computer

How can I see my iPod Playlist on music in my computer. I recently got a new MacBook Air. I had an Old MacBook Pro and when I plugged my iPod iTunes will launch and I could see my iPod with every single playlist I had, I could delete individual songs from a playlist or add one from another playlist or computer, How can I do that in my new computer. When I plug my iPod in I can see my iPod but I see the entire list of all songs in my iPod, my playlists dont show up like they used to with my other computer on the left side of the screen under iPod. I am a dance teacher and I organize my music from my iPod. Once I create a Playlist and drop it on my iPod I want to see it also as a playlist not bunched up with the rest of the music on the list. Thanks

iPod Touch

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:08 AM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Device management duties in Catalina & Big Sur are in Finder rather than Music. Note Finder is less suited to manual management when compared to iTunes. You cannot manipulate metadata or playlists that are already on the device. Syncing with one or more playlists that you manage in Music is a better approach. If needs be see Recover your iTunes/Music library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2021 7:08 AM in response to mbrazon

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Device management duties in Catalina & Big Sur are in Finder rather than Music. Note Finder is less suited to manual management when compared to iTunes. You cannot manipulate metadata or playlists that are already on the device. Syncing with one or more playlists that you manage in Music is a better approach. If needs be see Recover your iTunes/Music library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

How can I see each playlist from my iPod touch on my computer. I would like to organize it, take songs or add songs to an specific playlist but Cant seem to see it once I plug my iPod in the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.