You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought the new multi port adapter for my new iMac m1 and the external hdmi disconnects

my New Apple multiport adapter after connecting a hdmi disconnects and has problem connecting to my device

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 6:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 9:12 AM

Thanks, can I assume you are attempting to connect an external display? If my asssumption is correct, please disconnect all wired external peripherals and then restart in Safe Mode ( Safe Mode Reset ) and then restart normally and re-test. If the problem continues then please give AppleCare a phone call. AppleCare contact Information.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2021 9:12 AM in response to savvas129

Thanks, can I assume you are attempting to connect an external display? If my asssumption is correct, please disconnect all wired external peripherals and then restart in Safe Mode ( Safe Mode Reset ) and then restart normally and re-test. If the problem continues then please give AppleCare a phone call. AppleCare contact Information.

I just bought the new multi port adapter for my new iMac m1 and the external hdmi disconnects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.