You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up a ethernet cable connection to a MacBook Air?

How to set up ethernet cable connection to a MacBook Air?

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:16 PM

Take a look here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh11939/mac

5 replies

Sep 4, 2021 11:14 AM in response to babowa

With the ethernet cable plugged in, and the networks screen is displayed on my MacBook Air, there is no display of an Ethernet Cable on the left side of the networks screen. The ethernet cable isn’t working. Why does the answer I got say that once in the networks screen, on the left, ethernet cable will be displayed when it isn’t, yet it is connected properly?

Sep 10, 2021 9:22 AM in response to juddfromnanaimo

I purchased a MacBook Air 9 months ago for my daughter. She studies in her bedroom but the wifi signal is too weak. I bought a long ethernet cable and plugged it into her Mac with an adapter and the other end into our router. Went to settings-preferences-network. There is no display for the ethernet cable on the left as Apple informed us there would be so we could configure the ethernet cable connection. WHY?

How to set up a ethernet cable connection to a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.