You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update Safari on my iPhone

Can I update my Safari browser on my iPhone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 11:34 AM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2021 4:25 PM in response to Ferd II

The post by LotusPilot in Update browser - Apple Community, also contains another option:

"However, some websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed."

Sep 1, 2021 2:54 PM in response to barbthemac

barbthemac wrote:
I have virtual visits with my doctor and UCHEALTH but I can’t see her because a message said I need to update my safari. So what gives?
I can’t even find safari to update! 👵🏻

In addition to the comments made by LD150, the message may be generated by the fact that UCHEALTH requires a more recent Safari than your iPhone/iOS is capable of providing. In that case you would have to upgrade your iPhone.

If you are referring to this "UCHEALTH," I do notice that link offers a UCHealth App Store version.

Sep 1, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Ferd II

I am an elderly lady who’s trying to determine how to update my safari. One person said it’s part of the iOS and it is separate from the iOS update and another person says it is updated with a scheduled update. I have virtual visits with my doctor and UCHEALTH but I can’t see her because a message said I need to update my safari. So what gives?

I can’t even find safari to update! 👵🏻

Sep 1, 2021 1:54 PM in response to barbthemac

Let's make it simple - you cannot update Safari on its own.

You are not the original poster on this thread barbthemac, so we don't now what iPhone you have.

What we can tell you is that Safari is only updated when you update iOS, so if you have an old iPhone then you may not be able to update safari without buying a newer phone.

So if you need more help, we need to know your phone model and iOS version

Open the Settings app, tap on General, then About and look for Software Version and Model Name then let us know

Can I update Safari on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.