You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad storage full after sharing videos to Google Drive

I recently got an iPad air 4 (64GB) and only have a few apps on it. I transferred some videos to Google Drive via "sharing" as this made the video compatible with Windows PC. After a few videos, I got the message that my storage was full. On checking in settings, it says 63.8GB of storage is used, with the colored bar showing around 75% is from "Apps". However, I have offloaded nearly all apps, deleted videos, emptied the "recently deleted" folder and it has not changed. My Photo app is currently the one using the most storage at 6.95GB. System takes up 6.7GB and "other" 5.61GB. I can't do anything with the iPad right now because of this. Does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this? Thank you in advance!

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 11:07 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 30, 2021 11:51 PM in response to shs3450

shs3450 Said:

"iPad storage full after sharing videos to Google Drive: Thanks for your reply. But the issue is with my iPad storage, not Google. I don’t see how they can help…I shared via the photos app, not Google. The Google Drive app takes up 205MB according to the iPad."

-------

As you said in your OP: "I can't do anything with the iPad right now because of this."

How So?:

A. Are your Stalled?: If you are stalled, then try resetting it to factory settings. That seems your only option. Go Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

or...

B. Not Powering On?:

Aug 31, 2021 12:42 AM in response to shs3450

shs3450 Said:

"iPad storage full after sharing videos to Google Drive: thanks again!: I meant I can’t transfer files, or make new files, update the iPad etc. since there’s not enough storage. I think I may have to reset it, except the videos are work related so I cannot just delete them."

-------

Start Here: https://www.icloud.com

Aug 30, 2021 11:29 PM in response to shs3450

shs3450 Said:

"iPad storage full after sharing videos to Google Drive: I recently got an iPad air 4 (64GB) and only have a few apps on it. I transferred some videos to Google Drive via "sharing" as this made the video compatible with Windows PC. After a few videos, I got the message that my storage was full.[...]"

-------

Ask Google:

Contact Google, and see what they have to say on fixing all. Apple and Google are two completely different companies.

iPad storage full after sharing videos to Google Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.