You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no Touch ID or passcode button on my iPhone or in settings. It vanished. How do I access it.

How to access Touch ID on iPhone 8, when button in settings has vanished.

Please help!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:39 AM

Hello BrownEagle420! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Touch ID is missing from Settings for your iPhone 8. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

Let's check to see if Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time is preventing them from being available. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Passcode Changes, let's make sure this is set to 'Allow'.

Learn more about Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time, here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Make it a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2021 7:39 AM in response to BrownEagle420

Hello BrownEagle420! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Touch ID is missing from Settings for your iPhone 8. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

Let's check to see if Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time is preventing them from being available. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Passcode Changes, let's make sure this is set to 'Allow'.

Learn more about Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time, here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Make it a great day!

There is no Touch ID or passcode button on my iPhone or in settings. It vanished. How do I access it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.