You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail

I purchased my first iphone recently; iphone 12 mini. I'm realizing that you need your data on to receive any voicemail notifications. Can anyone explain to me why this is? I don't want to keep my data on all the time but I also would like to be notified when I have a voicemail. Never had this issue with any previous Android phones. Any insight would be nice, thank you.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:15 PM

bambooroo Said:

"Voicemail: I purchased my first iphone recently; iphone 12 mini. I'm realizing that you need your data on to receive any voicemail notifications. Can anyone explain to me why this is? I don't want to keep my data on all the time but I also would like to be notified when I have a voicemail. Never had this issue with any previous Android phones. Any insight would be nice, thank you."

-------

Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Voicemail).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2021 10:15 PM in response to bambooroo

bambooroo Said:

"Voicemail: I purchased my first iphone recently; iphone 12 mini. I'm realizing that you need your data on to receive any voicemail notifications. Can anyone explain to me why this is? I don't want to keep my data on all the time but I also would like to be notified when I have a voicemail. Never had this issue with any previous Android phones. Any insight would be nice, thank you."

-------

Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Voicemail).

Voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.