You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari started to work slowly on Mac with M1

Recently, Safari started work slowly. Almost every tab shows This web page is using significant memory. And I have only 2 tabs open.

I disabled recently installed safari extensions, I cleaned cache, I restarted the PC.

What else should I do to find the reason and fix.

it worked extremely fast before that happened.

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 6:54 AM

Hello dmonco,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that Safari is not working as expected . We'd like to help.

Take a look at and try out the suggestions in If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected.

Do you have any software updates available? Have you tested this with a private window?

We would also suggest starting up your Mac in safe mode. Here's how to Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Have a nice day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2021 6:54 AM in response to dmonco

Hello dmonco,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that Safari is not working as expected . We'd like to help.

Take a look at and try out the suggestions in If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected.

Do you have any software updates available? Have you tested this with a private window?

We would also suggest starting up your Mac in safe mode. Here's how to Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Have a nice day.

Sep 5, 2021 7:17 AM in response to dmonco

Point # 2 - Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

Point # 2 A - Commercial VPNs should only be used if Mandated by Corporate Head Office for working remotely. Otherwise - ones Privacy and Security touted by the VPN is suspect.

Safari started to work slowly on Mac with M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.