You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote passcode

I lost my Apple TV remote about a year ago and I have been using the Apple TV remote on my phone. For some odd reason the Apple TV remote disappeared from my phone so I downloaded it again and now it’s asking for a four letter passcode. I have no idea what it’s talking about. Can anybody help me out please!?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 4:22 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), the software remote in Control Center is not compatible..

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), you will need a functional remote to enter the PIN on the Apple TV box.

For Apple TV (4th generation or later), that was reversed, so that you could enter the PIN (from the TV) on the mobile.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2021 4:22 PM in response to Lisaleee1

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), the software remote in Control Center is not compatible..

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), you will need a functional remote to enter the PIN on the Apple TV box.

For Apple TV (4th generation or later), that was reversed, so that you could enter the PIN (from the TV) on the mobile.

Apple TV remote passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.