You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can multiple ITunes/Apple Music Playlists be SELECTED/EDITED simultaneously?

I just upgraded my MacBook from Mojave OS to Big Sur OS and ALL my playlists "reverted" to "Playlist view" vs. "Song view" and all my "fields" (Title, Artist, Time, Year, Bit Rate, Last Played, etc.) were replaced with a random new set of fields. Do I need to go into each of my 500+ playlists and restore them to the format I want? Or is there some MAGIC way to select ALL playlists simultaneously and tell Apple Music to use "Song" view for all of them and use the "fields" I want for ALL of them?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 5:28 PM

Stephen,

No. The view options can only be set for playlists one at a time.

The "upgrade" from iTunes to Music causes all playlists to get switched that dorky "playlist view," as you discovered. I have just been switching them back one at a time as I use the playlist.

Similar questions

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.