You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPod touch won’t charge.

My new iPod touch is saying this accessory may not be supported when I try to charge it. All up to date and clean? Any ideas what it could be?

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 12:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 8:05 PM

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569

2 replies

Sep 5, 2021 3:36 AM in response to stace2127

Perhaps the charger you're using isn't powerful enough.

Make sure you are you using the cable that came with the iPod. The iPod doesn't come with a charger, so but it is designed so that you can use a standard USB power supply. I can't find the exact specification, but from memory, that supply must be capable of supplying at least 500mA. That detail should be on the power supply's label. If the supply is only capable of supplying 100mA or 200mA, it won't be enough and that would almost certainly cause an error message such as the one you've seen.

Often, the USB outlet on a computer keyboard is not powerful enough.

To summarise, the cable and the power supply are accessories, so if you're using the cable that came with (and is therefore designed for) the iPod, it must be the power supply that's causing the issue.

My new iPod touch won’t charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.