You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I broke my other phone but wanna transfer my number and SIM card to another phone how do you do that???

My Phone ended up breaking but I still have the Sim card so I try to put it in my other iPhone but it’s not registering why is that

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 6:22 AM

If the replacement iPhone is from a differing network or acquired used via an unknown source there is a risk its NETWORK locked or worse activation locked and you may not be able to use it.

You can't remove a network or activation lock.

YOU have to have the original SIM onboard and be the bill payer and you need to authorise the unlock directly with the mobile operator that the device is locked onto.

If its activation locked ONLY the APPLE ID of the original owner can unlock it

In both cases that phone would be utterly useless to you.

Now if it is unlocked and factory reset " You get the Hello screen in multiple languages on boot up"

Simply transfer the SIM card from one phone to the other and follow to set up process on your new phone be that an iPhone or Android device .

If its iPhone to iPhone when you sign in with your Apple ID you will be asked if you want to restore from a backup or iCloud account and services including Music, Photos Safari bookmarks and anything else documents etc.... saved on iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2021 6:22 AM in response to nyzasha

If the replacement iPhone is from a differing network or acquired used via an unknown source there is a risk its NETWORK locked or worse activation locked and you may not be able to use it.

You can't remove a network or activation lock.

YOU have to have the original SIM onboard and be the bill payer and you need to authorise the unlock directly with the mobile operator that the device is locked onto.

If its activation locked ONLY the APPLE ID of the original owner can unlock it

In both cases that phone would be utterly useless to you.

Now if it is unlocked and factory reset " You get the Hello screen in multiple languages on boot up"

Simply transfer the SIM card from one phone to the other and follow to set up process on your new phone be that an iPhone or Android device .

If its iPhone to iPhone when you sign in with your Apple ID you will be asked if you want to restore from a backup or iCloud account and services including Music, Photos Safari bookmarks and anything else documents etc.... saved on iCloud

I broke my other phone but wanna transfer my number and SIM card to another phone how do you do that???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.