You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email on the cloud?

I know how to find stored documents on the cloud. I can access them from my other devices. But how do I do that with e-mail? Once I move a message from the inbox to a saved e mail folder, I cannot access it on my other devices. How can I set this up? I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. I would like to see my saved e mail folders on all 3 devices.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 10:45 AM

Forgot to add more answer .

Sign in with the same Apple ID & password say example1@icloud.com on your iPhone & Mac and connect both with an usb cable Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in Mac Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support , under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2021 10:45 AM in response to tygb

Forgot to add more answer .

Sign in with the same Apple ID & password say example1@icloud.com on your iPhone & Mac and connect both with an usb cable Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in Mac Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support , under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

Sep 8, 2021 1:45 AM in response to Ronald Brandt

Folders can never be created on mail web sever , if there are two Macs and signed in with same Apple ID and password say example1@icloud.com the mailboxes created on " my iCloud section " can be exported from first Mac A and imported to second Mac B see the article Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

The folder syncing will never happen between iPhone / iPad .

Sep 7, 2021 6:41 PM in response to Ronald Brandt

Email in folders (“mailboxes”) on the mail server is accessible to other mail clients sharing that same email account.

Email moved from folders on the mail server to folders on the local mail client is no longer accessible to other clients.

How to organize messages into folders while still sharing access?

Create new mail folders on the mail server.

Move local mail messages back to those (new) folders, or move newly-arriving messages from your inbox folder on the mail server to another folder created on the mail server, as appropriate.

Sep 8, 2021 8:35 PM in response to MrHoffman

As per your article .

You can create labels that store your emails. Add as many labels as you want to an email. 

Note: Labels are different from folders. If you delete a message, it will be erased from every label that it’s attached to and your entire .

Folders can't be created when gmail address and password is signed in web gmail account .

email on the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.