You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air a2337 startup noise

when I go to settings and turn off startup sound the computer turns it back on by itself.

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 12:53 PM

Make sure you are updated to the most recent version of macOS. The current version is 11.5.2.

A couple of earlier versions of macOS had an issue where the Startup Sound setting did not retain the what it was changed to.

For example: if the setting was unchecked, checking it would simply revert to unchecked...as well as if the setting was checked, unchecking it would revert to it being checked.

I had this issue as well and updating to the newest version (at that time) corrected it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2021 12:53 PM in response to 123bhai

Make sure you are updated to the most recent version of macOS. The current version is 11.5.2.

A couple of earlier versions of macOS had an issue where the Startup Sound setting did not retain the what it was changed to.

For example: if the setting was unchecked, checking it would simply revert to unchecked...as well as if the setting was checked, unchecking it would revert to it being checked.

I had this issue as well and updating to the newest version (at that time) corrected it.

MacBook Air a2337 startup noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.