You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank App Page

I have a MacBook Air. When I open the Apps page there is nothing there just a blank screen with the ‘Traffic Light ‘ x -etc icons in the left hand corner. The Apps heading shows there is a update but when I click on it nothing happens. Any thoughts please?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 2:13 PM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2021 9:40 AM in response to HareGirl54

Hello HareGirl54,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about seeing that blank page on your MacBook Air.

To clarify, is this happening with the App Store, the Applications option in the Finder, or the Launchpad? Use Launchpad on your Mac

Approximately how long has this been happening?

Also, did you make any changes to your MacBook Air prior to noticing this behavior, such as updating?

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate and address your situation.

Take care.

Sep 10, 2021 5:33 AM in response to HareGirl54

Lynn,

Are you still able to bring up your apps using Spotlight? Search with Spotlight on Mac

Does that still continue if you boot your Mac into safe mode using the steps from this article? Start up your Mac in safe mode

It can take a few extra minutes to boot into safe mode. Your screen may flash or flicker while in safe mode. Those behaviors are expected. Once you’ve had a chance to test that, you can then restart your Mac to leave safe mode.

Regards.

Sep 10, 2021 12:27 AM in response to jdo_apple

Hi, Thanks for offering to help me out.

In answer to your questions

1. The pages are blank on Finder and Launchpad
  2. It has been like this for four to six weeks. My Photos do not open in the way they did before either.
  3. I am unsure if tinkering with settings I have blocked something out. My knowledge of the way around my MacBook Air is very sketchy. I have tried to look on-line but seem to make things worse. My son recommend ‘cleaning the hard drive with an application but it loaded then all the command options were grayscaled out.

I am currently in England but have recently moved to Germany and this is when the majority things started to happen. Is the Mac getting confused as to which country I am accessing it from ?

I am not close to an Apple Store so can’t get to talk to anyone, which is my preferred way of learning how to correct my mistakes.

If you can offer any guidance I would be grateful. Lynn

Blank App Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.