You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text spam

I am receiving text spam every day now! Along with occasional spam calls, these texts I need to stop. How?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 6:15 AM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2021 12:23 PM in response to Shanesfeet

Hello, Shanesfeet.

Yesterday, I received the first SPAM text for which iMessage offered no way to block the Sender. One noticeable difference between that message and other SPAM texts was that it appeared to come from 25 (Sender) phone numbers, plus an email address which appeared at the end of that long list. I believe I finally figured out how to block that kind of SPAMMER:

1. First, I selected the message in iMessage's left-most panel;
  2. Next, I clicked on one of the 25 phone numbers displaying in the "To" field at the top of the iMessage window;
  3. Then I typed ⌘-A (for Select All) so that every one of those 25 phone numbers plus the email address was highlighted;
  4. Then I created a New Contact card, named it Spammy Spammer, and Pasted all those copied phone numbers into the "Notes" field, so I could refer to them as I entered each of those phone numbers into the Phone field — as though Spammy actually has 25 phones — and, of course, also entered the one email address that copied over along with the 25 phone numbers; afterwards, I Saved that new Contact.
  5. Next, on my iPhone, I went to Settings > Messages, then scrolled down to Blocked Contacts, which I 'opened' by touching the > on the right. When all my (previously) Blocked Contacts displayed, I scrolled waaaaay down to the bottom, where there's an option to Add New... I touched the Add New... link, which opened my Contacts. Inside Contacts, I found and selected Spammy Spammer, which cause ALL of Spammy's phone numbers to be added to my Block List! (Whew)
  6. To finish this off, I then returned to my Contacts, deleted Spammy's Contact card; then I deleted Spammy's 'conversation' in iMessages. Task complete. Now, your turn!

Text spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.