You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27inch display problem

I can still see some of the images on my screen form my previous login. For example I can make out the mouse cursor and various frozen icons.

I have attempted to reboot it several times and the images do not go away.

I have also tried taking screen shots of the images however they are not shown. Perhaps this gives some indication of the problem?

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 12:32 PM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2021 12:40 PM in response to woodsmark

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

This indicates a hardware problem. If your Mac is not on this list: Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support, contact Apple here for repair options: Get Support.

If you Mac is on the vintage or obsolete list, parts are limited and may not be available, and you should consider a new Mac.

Jack

Sep 9, 2021 2:20 PM in response to woodsmark

What you describe sounds to me like "burn in". It was common back in the days of CRT monitors and was a big reason screen saver were invented. I didn't think this was still possible with the modern Mac.

But, for future reference, you might consider to enable your screensaver or allow the monitor to shut down after a short time, rather then leave any image on the screen for a long spell.

Yes, I know, that doesn't solve your problem, but I only had $0.02 to spare for now. 😉

iMac 27inch display problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.