You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share a playlist with family share in aople music

Trying to share a playlist created in Apple Music with a member of my Family Sharing. I have a Family Subscription to Apple Music. The family member can search for songs and videos I purchased and can access them - so appears Family Sharing is working.

how do I share a playlist? My son created a playlist on my phone and wants to be able to access it on his phone as well as on my phone - and have both update as changes are made in the future.

Apparently there used to be an option to ‘share playlist’ available after selecting the (…) next to the playlist - but the ‘share playlist’ option appears to be missing. (See current image).

I have tried restarting both my device (iPhone X) and the other family member’s device (iphone11).

I verified the Apple Music login used on the family members device is same as the one participating in my Family Sharing account.

Thank you for your help!

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 8:38 PM

See the 'Share or hide your playlists' section (and others) in:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

PS: You don't have to have Family Sharing to do this.

1 reply

How to share a playlist with family share in aople music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.