You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent windows from automatically hiding offscreen after a period of inactivity

Hi,

I have a MacBook pro running macOS Sierra. When I leave windows open on the screen after a period of inactivity all the windows move off the screen and the screen displays the desktop. I then have to click on the edge of the screen where the windows are hidden and they all reappear on the screen. How can I prevent the windows from hiding to the edge of the screen after a period of inactivity?

Regards,

Arun

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 4:27 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 10, 2021 5:03 AM in response to arunjega

As per below - remove the addition Desktop by closing them

Add spaces and switch between them

The Spaces bar at the top of the Mission Control window contains thumbnails of each desktop space and each window that is in full screen or Split View.

To add a space, move your pointer to the Spaces bar, then click the add button  on the right:

When you have multiple spaces, you can switch between them by clicking the thumbnails the top of the Mission Control window. Or use these methods, which work even when you're not in Mission Control:

• Swipe left or right with three or four fingers on your trackpad, or swipe left or right with two fingers on your Magic Mouse.
  • Press Control–Right Arrow or Control–Left Arrow on your keyboard.

How to prevent windows from automatically hiding offscreen after a period of inactivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.