You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting a pop up message on my iPhone to update my Apple ID?

Why am I suddenly getting a pop up message on my iPhone to update my Apple ID?

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 7:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 12:03 AM

You're welcome Joseph.

Well, it's difficult to tell you remotely (perhaps if I could see a screenshot of that message....)

Going to details, it might be also a "scam or phishing" attempt coming from a rogue page in Internet or from a rogue calendar (read this article:-->Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support). NEVER answer to those messages, and never give any personal info to anyone.

I would suggest you two more things:

Clear your Safari cache and cookies, using this simple procedure:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and

Check your calendar accounts in Settings>Calendar>Accounts. If you see a suspicious calendar (you accidendally subscribed to) delete that account.

After performing those two steps, restart your iPhone and test it again.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2021 12:03 AM in response to josephfrombrookfield

You're welcome Joseph.

Well, it's difficult to tell you remotely (perhaps if I could see a screenshot of that message....)

Going to details, it might be also a "scam or phishing" attempt coming from a rogue page in Internet or from a rogue calendar (read this article:-->Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support). NEVER answer to those messages, and never give any personal info to anyone.

I would suggest you two more things:

Clear your Safari cache and cookies, using this simple procedure:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and

Check your calendar accounts in Settings>Calendar>Accounts. If you see a suspicious calendar (you accidendally subscribed to) delete that account.

After performing those two steps, restart your iPhone and test it again.

Regards

Giulio

Why am I getting a pop up message on my iPhone to update my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.