You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes in Big Sur

iMac M1, Big Sur 11.5.2

I finally figured out how to see iTunes in Music by choosing it in preferences but how do I search for a specific song or artist? I can't find a search option. Apparently Apple is trying to force me to subscribe to Apple Music. I would rather purchase individual songs or albums. How do I do so if not in iTunes?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 11:01 AM

LKB,

It's a bit more confusing than it used to be, but you can still buy and download individual songs or albums. Follow the steps in here carefully:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Also, if you go into Music > Preferences, > Restrictions and check the box for "Disable -- Apple Music" it will bug you less about subscribing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2021 11:01 AM in response to elkaybe50

LKB,

It's a bit more confusing than it used to be, but you can still buy and download individual songs or albums. Follow the steps in here carefully:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Also, if you go into Music > Preferences, > Restrictions and check the box for "Disable -- Apple Music" it will bug you less about subscribing.

iTunes in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.