You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if the computer wont turn on

i can not find my serial number, because my updated my computer and now it stock on less then one minute.

what should I do?

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 6:48 AM

Hi edelin272,

There can be numerous causes as to why a Mac will not power on. In the future, please consider starting a new discussion instead of adding your question to an existing thread. This helps to ensure that the original discussion is focused on OP's particular case.

If your MacBook Air (2018-2020) has the T2 Security Chip, the firmware for that chip could be corrupted. If it is, your Mac will fail to start up, and nothing will appear to happen.

You can revive or restore the T2 Security chip firmware using these steps, which require a second Mac: Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac with Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2021 6:48 AM in response to edelin272

Hi edelin272,

There can be numerous causes as to why a Mac will not power on. In the future, please consider starting a new discussion instead of adding your question to an existing thread. This helps to ensure that the original discussion is focused on OP's particular case.

If your MacBook Air (2018-2020) has the T2 Security Chip, the firmware for that chip could be corrupted. If it is, your Mac will fail to start up, and nothing will appear to happen.

You can revive or restore the T2 Security chip firmware using these steps, which require a second Mac: Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac with Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

what if the computer wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.