You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best B&W (only) laser printer for Big Sur

Any suggestions for the best laser printer, no colour, for a home office.

Easy hookup and air print, so I don't have to worry about drivers.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 11:12 AM

Thank you for your reply. I solved my issue with the HPLaserJetP1102w, by following advice I found in apple support. Both my printer and my scanner are now working with Big Sur. I couldn't be happier.

6 replies

Sep 11, 2021 9:21 AM in response to sleuthkmw

We are fellow users and the term best can mean many things. Lowest price, highest resolution, fastest print, lowest toner replacement costs, size, reliability, your available budget, preferred printer vendor, etc. Those of us that use monochrome laser printers tend to be opinionated about our own device, and that may not be the best answer for your unexplained factors from the second sentence.

I use a discontinued Samsung 1200 dpi ML-2955ND laser that just works perfectly with AirPrint.

Sep 11, 2021 11:04 AM in response to sleuthkmw

Here's some food for thought: when you get down to one or two potential candidates look for one that you can get reasonably priced 3rd party toner cartridges.

We have a wired HP Laser 2035n printer and the HP cartridges cost about $75 each. We've been buying 3rd party cartridges for around $18-20 per and they work fine. I don't use 3rd party cartridges for inkjet printers, however.

Bottom line, if I were to get a new b/w laser printer today I'd look at the HP units. We've had two of them over 20 years and no complaints.

Best B&W (only) laser printer for Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.