You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error "There is a problem loading this content"

Hi.

I bought a new unused Apple TV Gen 3. I connect it with my iPad Air2. Everytime I try to stream any content from my iPad to Apple TV I get this error "There is a problem loading this content".

Suggestions? Help?!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 4:48 AM

I bought a new unused Apple TV Gen 3.

That’s kind of impressive in its own way, as those have been discontinued for more than 5 years. That model could now be considered “vintage” and officially unsupported, although not officially listed there yet.

I connect it with my iPad Air2. Everytime I try to stream any content from my iPad to Apple TV I get this error "There is a problem loading this content".

What are you trying to stream from the iPad? Because that matters for compatibility.

• a file on the iPad (← may not work depending on codecs)
  • an online stream from the iPad through a web browser (← may not work depending on website)
  • an online stream from the iPad through a different app (← may not work depending on app/service)
  • a file accessed from the iPad, when that file is located on another home networked device (← won’t work)

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2021 4:48 AM in response to Shahan01

I bought a new unused Apple TV Gen 3.

That’s kind of impressive in its own way, as those have been discontinued for more than 5 years. That model could now be considered “vintage” and officially unsupported, although not officially listed there yet.

I connect it with my iPad Air2. Everytime I try to stream any content from my iPad to Apple TV I get this error "There is a problem loading this content".

What are you trying to stream from the iPad? Because that matters for compatibility.

• a file on the iPad (← may not work depending on codecs)
  • an online stream from the iPad through a web browser (← may not work depending on website)
  • an online stream from the iPad through a different app (← may not work depending on app/service)
  • a file accessed from the iPad, when that file is located on another home networked device (← won’t work)

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Error "There is a problem loading this content"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.