You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dont want a apple pencil so can i store my ink pen in the spot for the pencil will it hurt my ipad

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and a case that has a spot to store charge my Apple Pencil but I don't want an Apple Pencil can I put my regular ink pen in that spot well it hurt the iPad

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 8:54 PM

Your iPad Pro holds the Apple Pencil with the help of magnets that exist in that spot on the iPad Pro and magnets that exist within your Apple Pencil. Your normal, average ink pen will not adhere to that spot unless it is made out of iron or has magnets in it.

I have a feeling that you have a case/folio for your iPad Pro that has a slot for the Apple Pencil and you would like to store a regular ink pen in that slot. If this is what you meant then you are fine. Neither your ink pen nor your iPad will be damaged.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2021 8:54 PM in response to Cathy2202

Your iPad Pro holds the Apple Pencil with the help of magnets that exist in that spot on the iPad Pro and magnets that exist within your Apple Pencil. Your normal, average ink pen will not adhere to that spot unless it is made out of iron or has magnets in it.

I have a feeling that you have a case/folio for your iPad Pro that has a slot for the Apple Pencil and you would like to store a regular ink pen in that slot. If this is what you meant then you are fine. Neither your ink pen nor your iPad will be damaged.

Axel F.

i dont want a apple pencil so can i store my ink pen in the spot for the pencil will it hurt my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.