You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Health Data

My wife and I have two separate iPhones and Apple Watches. We use one icloud account. How do we keep the health data isolated on each phone so the paired watch consistently uses the correct health data. Currently, the phones keep switching to either my wife’s health data or my health data somewhat unpredictably. I this can not be done without creating a second Apple ID account, why not?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 12:24 PM

There is no way to keep the data separate if you share Apple IDs. Everyone should have their own unique Apple ID. If you use one Apple ID for the both of you, you will continue to have these kinds of problems. There is no way around it. That is simply how Apple has set it up. If there is information you want to share, use Family sharing instead:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

A side benefit of using Family Sharing is that you each get to decide what (and what you don't) want to share. You will each get your own storage area to save iPhone backups (for example).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2021 12:24 PM in response to DeanW

There is no way to keep the data separate if you share Apple IDs. Everyone should have their own unique Apple ID. If you use one Apple ID for the both of you, you will continue to have these kinds of problems. There is no way around it. That is simply how Apple has set it up. If there is information you want to share, use Family sharing instead:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

A side benefit of using Family Sharing is that you each get to decide what (and what you don't) want to share. You will each get your own storage area to save iPhone backups (for example).

Apple Watch Health Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.