You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset

Sadly last June my aunt passed away. I have since inherited her MacBook Pro (2011). We were able to gain access into the laptop and go through everything but we do don’t have her Apple ID password. We have tried reseting the password but we are unable to do so. With this problem I am unable to sign out of her Apple account (which we can not access due to not having the password) so I can factory reset and clear the MacBook for my use. Does anyone know of a way around this? I need to clear her Apple ID off this MacBook so I can put mine on.

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:10 AM

With a Mac that old it should be possible to completely erase the computer, set it back to its original system version, then start all over again.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

How to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.